Wednesday, January 02, 2013

My All-Time Favourite: Everything Cookies

So I mentioned in an earlier post that I do in fact have a favourite cookie of all-time. This is a big deal for me, because I tend to be a very indecisive person, and I rarely have a favourite anything. If you asked me for my favourite movie/book/song/actor/singer, I wouldn't be able to even begin to narrow down the field. Now if you've been reading the blog, I think it's obvious that cookies are one of my favourite things, as I have more posts about baking cookies than any other item. Although I love them all, I have one "go-to" recipe, adapted from The Happy Baker Cookbook (ironically, in the book, it's called "Erin's Go-To Cookie"). I call my version the Everything Cookie. Why? Because it has a little bit of everything to satisfy all the indecisiveness inside me.

Everything Cookies

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 375F. In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg; mix well. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and the coconut.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until centres are puffed.


Add a tall glass of cold milk, and all of my cookie desires are fulfilled!

For the beats, I'm choosing a throw-back to my childhood since these cookies make me feel young. I grew up listening to Motown. No, I didn't grow up in the 60's. My parents did, however, and they controlled the stereo, so I came to love the music. I'm choosing I'm Gonna Make You Love Me by The Supremes and The Temptations. It combines two power groups of Motown (much like how these cookies combine many staple cookie ingredients), and with just one bite, these cookies will make you love them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment